Content drip not working...different membership levels

Hello everyone,

I am setting up a new membership website using S2Member Pro. I have two membership levels; Level1 = access to premium pages w/ weekly content drip. Level2 = full access to all content on premium pages without content drip. I have two pages with content subject to page level restriction. I have ensured each page in question has page level restriction set at “Require Level #1 (or higher)”.

Problem I am experiencing via test accounts: Level2 users seem to have identical access as Level1 users and subject to content drip when they should view everything that is available on that page.

Page syntax is as follows:

[s2Drip access="level1" from_day="0"] desired content [/s2Drip]
        [s2Drip access="level1" from_day="7"] desired content [/s2Drip]
        [s2Drip access="level1" from_day="14"] desired content [/s2Drip]

…so on and so forth for several rows thereafter. And while Level1 users apparently have no issue and are being displayed the content when they should (no test account is older than 7 days at this point), Level2 users also seem to be bound by the Level1 content drip when I expect them to be able to view all the content on the page. I made a test account with Level3 access and it also seemed bound to the level1 content drip. However the Admin account can see each restricted page as intended (full content displayed) and is not bound by level1 content drip.

What am I doing wrong?

Further, when any user (regardless of level) arrives on the Login page (login page has no page level restriction) any user can see a link on the top of my site to one of the premium pages (page level restriction level 1 or higher). When you try to click on that link, if you dont have the appropriate permission you are redirected to the signup page…which is fine, but am curious why one restricted page is listed while the other restricted page is not listed? As best as I can tell, both pages are set up the same way? I would like to ensure some uniformity - I do not want any tab/link to any restricted page being visable from a non-restricted page such as the login page or main page.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

The s2 drip feature seems to be a straight forward enough concept but I cant seem to get it to work.

To clarify:

Content page level restriction is set to Level1 or higher.

[s2Drip access="level1" from_day="0"] desired content [/s2Drip]

All level1, level2, level3 and Admin can view this content which is expected since all those accounts meet the criteria of being Level1 or greater

[s2Drip access="level1" from_day="7"] desired content [/s2Drip]

Only Admin can view this content. No s2 test account regardless of level or account creation date can view this content.

I do not understand why the 7 day drip is not working while the 0 day seems to be fine. With the exception of the day, the syntax is identical. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance

Isn’t it simply that there haven’t been seven days since users at those levels registered? That’s what from-day="7" means.

Hello, thank you for your response!

My s2member test account registration date is 10/15/2015 which is much older than 7 days which is adding to the confusion. And, shouldn’t a Level2 account be able to view the content on the page irrespective of level1 drip shortcode? (the page restriction is level1 or greater)

Additional context: I had an existing wordpress membership website using s2Member (free). I have since decided to move my website to a new webhost provider. Instead of migrating my existing site to the new webhost provider, I did a fresh install where I had upgraded to s2Member Pro. I exported/imported my existing member database. All of my ‘customers’ now reflect a registration date as of the day they were imported to the new platform, however my personal test account still specifies an older (Oct 2015) registration date. Perhaps ALL accounts true registration date is actually the day they were migrated to the new platform last week?

But that still doesn’t clarify why level2 user account cannot view content when the page restriction is level1 or greater and the level1 drip code should be N/A to level2 accounts?

Your[quote=“ceenhuis, post:4, topic:3983”]
But that still doesn’t clarify why level2 user account cannot view content when the page restriction is level1 or greater and the level1 drip code should be N/A to level2 accounts?
[/quote]

Why should it be N/A to level2 accounts? That shortcode is saying that those with the capability to access content protected at level1 will be able to do so after 7 days. A level2 account doesn’t have some other power to override that. It simply has an additional, level2, capability as well as the level1 capability. If you want a different result for level2 accounts, you will need to follow the instructions for using a shortcode conditional.

So page restriction setting is irrelevant in this scenario? In order for Level2 members to view Level1 dripped content, you must wrap a conditional code around the drip code…like so:

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level2)]desired content
 [s2Drip access="level1" from_day="7"]desired content[/s2Drip][/s2If]

Another question…using the code above as an example; in the event a level2 account is greater than 7 days old, will it display the desired content twice?

Thanks again for your help!

Yes, you will get the content twice like that. You need to do something like this:

[s2If current_user_is(access_s2member_level2)]desired content[/s2If]
 [s2If current_user_is(access_s2member_level1)][s2Drip access="level1" from_day="7"]desired content[/s2Drip][/s2If]

Note the change from current_user_can to current_user_is. That means each conditional targets a specific level, and not everyone with that capability.