Configuration instructions for setting up a renewals page

We’ve just realized that on one site we don’t have a page for handling renewals, and I’ve looked all over the KB and the forum and can’t find solid instructions for how to handle a renewal page.

We’re using Stripe on the site, so what do we need to add for members to be able to renew? Is it Billing Modification Forms? If so, it’s not at all obvious how/why that’s being used.

If it is that form, does it get set to Upgrade for the same level they’re renewing?

Thanks. It’s just too bad the KB doesn’t have a specific “setting up a renewal page”.

1 Like

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for making aware of the need for that page! I’m making a list of needed articles, and I just added that one. Thanks!

By renewing, do you mean extending the access time? I’m guessing you’re not selling a subscription, but blocks of time with single payments?

If it’s a subscription, then the new payments will be charged automatically by the gateway. You can add a billing modification form for the user to update that.

If you’re selling with buy-now payments, then you’d just have the user buy it again. Make sure he’s logged into his account when he loads this page, so his payment goes towards his account and not a new signup. Enable your setting to extend the EOT for the user: WP Admin > s2Member Pro > Stripe Options > Auto-EOT Behavior > Fixed Term Extensions

Does that help? :slight_smile: