Complete Registration form button not working

Hello,

The “complete form” button at the bottom of the s2member form is not working or clickable. Not sure how or where the option is in the s2member section to maybe delete and add it again but not sure why it stopped working to begin with.

Thanks in advance!

Kelli

http://modelalliance.org/associate-member-application

You need to provide more details. What form? Where on your site? Who’s the payment processor?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I’m using the PayPal pro form. I’m not charging them but only using the functionality of the pro form. I’m sorry, I thought I’d put a link to the page.

http://modelalliance.org/basic-member-sign-up

At the bottom of the pager where is says “complete registration”, the user can’t click the box to submit the form. It seems to be unclickable and not sure where in the s2 admin panel to fix this.

That isn’t an s2Member form. It looks like you’re using Contact Form 7.

EDIT: Oh, now I see an s2Member form below it. I’ll take a look at that. The Submit button on that clicks fine for me. Are you logged out when you test? And why the CF7 form above it?

We need them to confirm that they are either A or B and with form is being used as their signature that they are as such.

I am logged in when I test. Let me log out and try that.

Hi Tim,

Specifically, I can’t click the button that says “Yes, I want to receive updates via email” I can click “Submit” but the option for email info is not clickable. It looks glitchy when trying to click. Any ideas?

Kelli,

How are you adding the "Yes, I want to receive updates via email"? It seems to me that it conflicts with the Captcha.

You’re awesome, Tim. Thats my question, I thought that was part of the s2member form/functionality. Is that not correct? It is linked to Mailchimp via s2member, but dont see where to adjust or reset.

Flattery is definitely the way to get me to look some more, Kelli!

I have just taken a look the the whole page’s code using View Page Source and can see that you have added that line as a custom Registration/Profile field. I suspect that it might work better if you moved it to somewhere before the Captcha section.

Hahaha, I’ll have to remember that :smile:

Thanks again for the time, Tim. I’ll check it out and see if I can get it going.

Much appreciated!