Comet Cache not creating cached files

I am running the Schema SEO theme, and have tried multiple different caching plugins (Super cache, W3, WP Rocket). I couldn’t manage to get any of them to work. It turns out that my server was running a very old version of PHP (under 5.2), so I had it updated to a newer version.
Today I reinstalled Wordpress fresh, and the first plugin that I added was Comet Cache. It is not caching pages at all. I have looked in the wp-conent/cache/comet cache/cache/http/www.example.com folder, and there are no cached files at all. I have tried clearing the cache in the wordpress plugins options, and noticed that it says “Cache cleared for this site; re-creation will occur automatically over time.”. So, am I just supposed to wait and comet cache will decide to create cached files randomly at some point in the future.
Sorry if this post was poorly put together, I am sleep deprived, and have been troubleshooting for the past 4 hours.

@aylam: Page caching plugins work by taking a “snapshot” of a page only when it is visited. So, in order to get the free version of Comet Cache to start caching, you have to visit a post or page while logged out.

The Pro version has an “auto-cache engine,” which will spider your site automatically to cause each post or page to be cached. It also enables content to be cached for logged-in users.

Thank you for the reply! I have logged out and visited all the pages on my site in order to cache them. When I check the page source (from a logged out browser) it displays the “Comet Cache fully functional:-)” message. However, when using either the google pagespeed test, or the pingdom test, it says that caching is not enabled. Any ideas what could be causing this?

@aylam Would it be possible to get a link to your site so that we can test it via Google PageSpeed and Pingdom? There’s nothing that I can think of that would cause those services to think your site isn’t being cached when Comet Cache is showing the “fully functional” message in the source.

Absolutely, that would be wonderful! My site is www.nootreviews.com

I see that you’re using WP Super Cache on that site now. If you’d like me to take a closer look at why Comet Cache isn’t working, I’ll need to have Comet Cache enabled on the site so that I can check Google PageSpeed and Pingdom.