Change post category after xy time has elapsed?

Hi there!

Being a long time user of s2member pro (newly registerred here, as i was still on the “old forum”).
But haven´t used (better say configured) s2m recently… now for a new project i want to achieve that:

Users of my site can submit posts (via a frontend uploader plugin).
Then after eg. 4 weeks that post should be accessible under a different category (restrictions to that category will be managed by s2m).

Is there any option or advanced handling to have s2m changing category, or tags of already published posts?

I´m know that s2m can handle all kinds of restrictions and conditional access methods… but never seen s2m being able to actually change content (in this case change category after a set time has elapsed)

The reason i want that feature is:

Users submit posts (think of “guest post”)
After some time that post will be only available to paying members (they can then access that “archive page” or membership area)

For better sorting and flow i´d love to have that restricetd posts/area under a different category as by the time originally posted.

Is this doable?
Or should i think of a workaround (i know s2m being capable of doing almost everything i could wish for)

Thank you very much

This isn’t something that s2Member will do out of the box. You will need some custom code.

1 Like

Maybe “ccap clock timer” will do what you need, but also check other dripping solutions

1 Like

Thanks mates!

I know that with s2m under the belt that I will figure something out.

Just thought maybe it’s natively supported by now.

You might be able to write custom code to do this, but changing content (of any type) is not an s2Member function. You could probably set up some sort of drip to do what you need without actually changing the categories, however.

1 Like

Yeah thanks mate!

I know s2m is about restriction, not altering.
Pretty sure i will figure something out.

Drip, IF, Conditionals, etc… all powerful options supported by s2m.

Hi if other plugin is the option you can try this one (works for me)

It sounds like you are just protected archived posts. You can configure S2Member to do that and you can configure the Archive timeout in WordPress.