CC incorrect expiration date Error

When a user adds their CC and puts an incorrect expiration date for their card, S2Member allows the user to upgrade and even sends the confirmation email stating that they were upgraded.

However, Stripe obviously does not let the payment go through so the payment is never captured. Stripe marks the error as incorrect CVC

Has anyone else experienced this? What is the fix?

@clavaque any thoughts on this? Have you seen this error as well?

Is there any workaround for this issue that you can think of?

Hi Corey.

I haven’t seen this before, but I will look into it. Does this happen to you only with existing user upgrades or also new signups?

I did a test upgrade of an existing account, using a card with the wrong CVC number, and it didn’t upgrade the user, just gave the error on the form page.

Screenshot_2021-03-23%20Test%20Stripe%20form%20s2Member%20Membership%20Plugin%20for%20WordPress

Could you tell me the steps to reproduce the behavior, please? Thanks! :slight_smile:

I did the tests in Stripe’s test mode, using their test cards for CVC errors here: https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards-responses

No, not the wrong CVC code. The wrong expiration date. There are not test cards for this on Stripe so you have to use it in a live environment.

Ooh! I see. Sorry I got confused yesterday.

Okay, I’ll look into this, try to reproduce it and find why it happens.

:slight_smile:

Thank you

Hi @clavaque, just checking in to see if you found anything. Any thoughts on how we can fix this?

Thanks