Can't Use Conditional Shortcodes With Avada Layouts

Hi,

I tried using conditional shortcodes with custom layouts (templates constructed for certain pages using their admin system) in Avada, but the shortcodes aren’t picked up (unlike Avada’s own) and the page just spits out the shortcode text (like it would if the pro and basic plugins were out of sync).

I know this is essentially might be an Avada problem rather than a peculiarity of S2Member, but Avada’s support point me back this way, so I figured I may as well ask here in case.

Anybody with Avada experience who can offer help, I’d be very grateful to hear from you.

Cheers!

Jim

Looks like a Fusion Builder issue. I’m glad you brought this up. I use Avada a lot and am about to set up a new client with s2member!

1 Like

Hi,

glad it was useful to you. I spoke briefly to Avada support who shrugged - as it relates to the operation of a third party plugin.

On being pressed a little harder the support guy offered “It would be likely related to the_content filter of WordPress because that’s what we use for content rendering.”

I tried adding the following to the functions.php of the child theme:

add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘do_shortcode’ );

Lo and behold! It worked. I don’t know if there is a downside to doing this, but it is looking good so far!

Jim

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for the fix!

1 Like