Can't accept payments - getting an error

No payments are working on my website.

I just an a message that says error without any explaination.

I need to get this fixed ASAP.

Does anything have any advice on what to do next?

1 Like

You need to provide a lot more details. Which payment processor are you using, for example? What’s your shortcode? Where can we see this in action?

I’m using wordpress and s2member. What is the short code that you need?

When you try to check out on any of these pages, you will see an error:

https://www.gettefl.com/get-tefl-now/

I meant the shortcode for the payment form. That should also make clear what payment processor you are using.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“7” ccaps="" desc="$215 USD / One Time (for 6 month access, non-recurring, no trial)" ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“www.gettefl.com” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“215” rp=“6” rt=“M” rr=“BN” rrt="" rra=“2” accept=“paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” /]

I’m using paypal with s2member…

This is what my tech support person said:

looks like PayPal has updated something and s2member hasn’t caught up yet

Here is the actual error its throwing, you might want to let their support know
Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7.0 with no alternative available. in /var/zpanel/hostdata/gettefl/public_html/gettefl_com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4048 Notice: Undefined index: ACK in /var/zpanel/hostdata/gettefl/public_html/gettefl_com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/includes/classes/paypal-utilities.inc.php on line 207 Notice: Undefined index: L_ERRORCODE0 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/gettefl/public_html/gettefl_com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/includes/classes/paypal-utilities.inc.php on line 209 Notice: Undefined index: L_SHORTMESSAGE0 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/gettefl/public_html/gettefl_com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/includes/classes/paypal-utilities.inc.php on line 209 Notice: Undefined index: L_LONGMESSAGE0 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/gettefl/public_html/gettefl_com/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/includes/classes/paypal-utilities.inc.php on line 209

I think S2member has not been updated to reflect the recent changes with paypal…

I just talked to paypal and they came out with an update on June 30th and S2member has to be updated to TLS 1.2,Is it? Otherwise no payment will work with S2member. I didn’t see a recent update come out so I don’t think it is…Every programmer who has looked at this plugin has said it is a problem with s2member.

I don’t use PayPal. I think this is a question for @raamdev

1 Like

On my site s2M works well with Paypal. But TLS 1.2 should be supported by your hosting, not by s2M itself. So my suggestion is to ask them. I am afraid that the programmers you ask are not familiar with TLS…

Out of this, the errors you show are not important in this case, and are not “lethal” for the payment process (and for the site itself), it’s safe to ignore.

Exactly, Krum. I made that very same point about TLS on another thread where Sarah made the same assertion.

Frankly, @sfauset, I would question where you are getting your information from .

Thanks for the info…I will look into this further.

I thought I would update everyone…Turned out it was a problem with paypal…My APIs weren’t working correctly…

Another thing is my SSL needed to be upgraded to A+.