Can S2 Member provide these functions?

Hi,
I’d like to create a membership area on my website and considering installing S2 Member.
Wanted to ask if it can provide the features I have in my mind, before starting to study how it works (have no experience with these kind of plugins)

I want to create 2 levels of subscription, both free.

When you subscribe you choose “user” or “creator”.

“User” has to be able to see after login a link on “product” page, this link will bring to “creator” page, only after user’s login.
“Creator”, after registration has to be able to create his “showcase” page, using prepared layout (he basically uploads his description, profile picture and pictures of his products. The page should go online after my approval. Creator has also to be able to create his “product” page, again using my template and uploading pictures and description. Basically “creator” makes “showcase” page trough input forms

s2member provides methods of protecting content according to different membership levels, but does not provide functionality to create content. So you will need your own code or another plugin to enable the creation of content. If you have that, then, yes, s2Member will do what you want.

So, if I understood right, I need a plugin allowing to upload content which would create pages I need and then I use S2 to limit the access to those pages only to members?

Yes, exactly. That’s it.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like