Can Membership Options be thought of as a landing or sales page?

I’m struggling with the concepts of the membership options page. It seems to me it’s also a sales page because that’s where customers actually buy in… am I right?

If so I have an html landing page I’d like to use and I’m having a heck of a time getting it on the front page of my website - you can see my partial efforts at www.aboutwritingsquared.com

How would you handle this? If I do a redirect how do I do that so s2 knows it’s the members options page… am I making sense? If not, please help… I’m feeling really befuddled.

Thanks,

Anne Wayman
anne@annewayman.com

Hi,

I’m not sure to understand your question (I’m French and my English is rusty) but the membership option page is just a page where anyone trying to access protected content without permission will be redirected.
This page must be public, but there is no obligation to place anything special there. Only it’s better for you that it represents your products or services for sale…

Thanks.

Although the membership option page is required when you first set up your site with s2Member, in the end, it might not be needed at all, depending on how you might use the conditionals.

For example, I will have a page that uses ccaps and if you don’t have the ccaps, it will display a sales page, but if the viewer has the ccap, it will show the content. The same could work with levels if you use them. This allows you to have several sales pages, depending on the content the viewer is trying to access, and how you have them available.

My site is http://scrapbookcampus.com and if you want a tour, just let me know.