Can I use pre-existing PayPal buttons?

I’ve been using PayPal Buy Now buttons so that subscribers can purchase subscriptions to my site for years. My PayPal account is already setup to use PDT for this process. I am now migrating my site to WordPress and I am interested in using s2Member for this process. Can I still use these buttons and just change the PDT auto return URL in PayPal or do I need to completely recreate these buttons through s2Member?

Must set Paypal and create s2M’s buttons, or it will not recognise Paypal’s IPN call…

Thanks. I have a couple of questions that concern me with creating new buttons.

1. I would rather use PDT because I want my subscribers to have immediate access to register. Do I still need to create the button through s2Member if I use PDT instead of IPN?

2. If I do still need to create the button through s2Member, how will this affect my current buttons? Will I need to delete them and if so what issues can I expect to run across in PayPal?

3. We provide promo codes that will give the customer a percentage off of the subscription. Each promo code has a different percentage. I have implemented this my creating a button for each promo code and setting the discount_rate advanced variable. I added a promo code text field to all of the buttons and I have ajax on my current site that will change the button code based on the promo code. Would I be able to implement this with s2Member? If not, do you have a suggestion on how I can implement the promo code discounts with s2Member?

Thank you

1. You need to set s2M tools, to be possible s2M to knows about payments. There is no way to read in your Paypal account…

2. Yes, must delete. They can not be used anymore. Should be no issues, as s2M will send your customers to Paypal to do payment too. And will do his job to set level etc.

3. In Pro version you can create promocodes too, all this can be done there.