Bypass confirmation email using paypal?

No matter what I try, I cannot get s2member to send confirmation emails. Paypal payments happen OK, but the confirmation email never arrives, so subscribers cannot access content. Is there a way to bypass this, i.e. PayPal confirms payment and autoredirects to registration form?

Hi Rodolfo.

Do other emails from your WP installation go out fine? Does the signup confirmation email get sent on registration?

Here are some tips to troubleshoot email delivery: https://s2member.com/kb-article/troubleshooting-email-delivery-problems/

When the person pays over at PayPal and gets sent back to the s2Member return page, a cookie is set in his browser that will allow him to register with the access he just paid for. So on return you can have the person go to the registration page right away and create his account.

The payment confirmation email would include a signup link which doesn’t require the cookie. So it would be good to find out why yours isn’t being sent.

Please enable logging and do a test purchase (can be just a few cents). Does it show up in the logs? Can you show me all the relevant entries from the log files?

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply! I can send test payments just fine, and send test emails using WP SMTP just fine (and these exact settings work on my other s2 install).

How can I integrate the registration page right away so I don’t have to wait on the email? This would be a life saver!

Thanks
Rodolfo

With s2Member Pro, you can set up a redirection from the return page, to the signup form. WP Admin > s2Member Pro > PayPal Options > PDT/Auto-Return

Screenshot_2020-09-30%20s2Member%20PayPal%20Options%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Membership%20Plugin%20for%20WordPress%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress

Also, for the buttons: WP Admin > s2Member Pro > PayPal Buttons > Shortcode Attributes > success

If you use the pro-form, the person can signup there and then be taken to PayPal to complete the payment. WP Admin > s2Member Pro > PayPal Forms > Signup

And without Pro, you can have them register first, and then, while logged in, pay to upgrade…

Does that help?

Having said that, it’d be good that you do the test purchase and then look for all the relevant log entries. WP Admin > s2Member > Log Files

If you show me the entries, I may spot something going on that’s preventing the confirmation email with the signup link.

:slight_smile:

OK, PayPal has changed their layout and I cannot find where to get the PDT token (the links in your documentation don’t work)

If you PM me I can send logs

Thanks

Also, do I need to disable IPN to use PDT, or can they both be enabled?