Billing modification now changing Level

Hi

Have been trying for hours and hours on this. I want customers to be able to modify their subscription with us.

I used this code for a current Level 2 member:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button modify=“1” level=“1” ccaps=“pip_emag” desc=“Level 1 - recurring payments Ordinary M/ship w/ Pip e-mag” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“AUD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“permacultureaustralia.org.au” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“0.02” rp=“1” rt=“Y” rr=“0” rrt="" rra=“1” image=“default” output=“button” /]

What happens is that the User account is added to Level 1 in addition to Level 2, where I want it to replace the Level 1.

by the way - I cannot see or understand the difference in the code between Upgrade and Degrade in the code generator - what is it? so the code above is from using the Upgrade to Level 1 option.

Also, I set the EOT behaviour not to auto-extend - although not sure this makes much difference to what is happening? I expected an EOT to appear in the User profile as the new subscription is now for 1 year only - it did but it is for a couple of days time?? is this correct (is this to cancel the L2?) - will this pass and then a new one appear for years time?

Fiddling more with this - I have got it to change the level correctly by replacing i.e. going to Level 1 as desired, BUT the EOT is still for 2 days time (have noticed in paypal it did not cancel the previous recurring plan and it says Expired next to the one created when I clicked the button above). So it created the new plan and then cancelled it straight away. I am using paypal express. What is going wrong?

any replies to this?? I gave up at the time, but re-visiting it now…

I still cannot see or understand the difference in the code between Upgrade and Degrade in the code generator - what is it?

That is the action you allow the member with the exactly button/forn. Continue to read the docs.

Here is the code for upgrade to L1 and downgrade to L1 - how come they are the same??

[s2Member-PayPal-Button modify=“1” level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“Upgrade to L1” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“AUD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“permacultureaustralia.org.au” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“0.01” rp=“1” rt=“Y” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“1” image=“default” output=“button” /]

[s2Member-PayPal-Button modify=“1” level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“Downgrade to L1” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“AUD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“permacultureaustralia.org.au” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“0.01” rp=“1” rt=“Y” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“1” image=“default” output=“button” /]

I re-read the thread, actually you ask “Why L2 members can see L1 content”, right? Because this is how s2M works “out of the box”. Each level can see content for lower levels. This can be changed with [s2If conditions], explained in “Dashboard -> s2Member -> API / Scripting”. So continue to read the docs.

1 Like

you quote me incorrectly krumch - no where have I said any thing even similar to what you have quoted…

Please don’t tell me to read the docs - I have many many times over - there ain’t that much in there… and it’s not helping to say that. My question remains…: I still cannot see or understand the difference in the code between Upgrade and Degrade in the code generator - what is it?

Sorry, Dylan! English is not my native, maybe this is the problem.

Sorry about docs too, very often people (include me - I am a s2M user too) prefer to ask before to read. It needs some time to understand how s2M works, and everyone must go this way.

Shortcodes, my interpretation: In most cases for s2M is important the “destination” level only, as old subscription will be cancelled anyway. Thus it produces same codes.

Why should there be a difference? Code doesn’t understand such nuances. It’s all just modifications: whether they are supposedly up or down is a question of the spin that humans place on them.

I would suggest it’s because you’re going to the same level in both cases? and you’re charging the same amount for both levels? did you CHANGE the amount in the code generator? which level of form did you generate the code from? If you select “Level #2” section in the dropdown, and then up/down grade and generate the code, you’ll notice that “level=x” changes.

but THAT leads me to another question…
can we not allow a member to skip a level? Eg. upgrade from 1 to 3 directly?

the logic of the form suggests NOT. Which isn’t optimal.

Level changes don’t have to follow any particular order. :slight_smile: