Big problem since last upgrade

Hi,

Since I have upgraded yesterday the S2member pro version, my all private content are visible for everyone, included welcome page.

Do you know where it can come from ? Now I had to put my website on maintenance mode, cause all the paying content appears for non registered users.

thank you for your help,

Sophie

When I try to change something in restriction options, it displays :

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /homepages/6/d637940218/htdocs/formation-blog-professionnel/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/src/includes/syscon.inc.php on line 108

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /homepages/6/d637940218/htdocs/formation-blog-professionnel/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/src/includes/syscon.inc.php on line 137

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /homepages/6/d637940218/htdocs/formation-blog-professionnel/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/src/includes/syscon.inc.php on line 108

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /homepages/6/d637940218/htdocs/formation-blog-professionnel/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/src/includes/syscon.inc.php on line 137

I’ve just checked three different s2Member sites I manage and cannot reproduce this issue on any of them. Everything seems to be working fine. No problems with restrictions not being enforced and no debug messages when I save new restrictions.

Since your site is already in Maintenance Mode you need to perform a proper troubleshooting. First, I’d start by removing the s2Member Pro plugin completely from your site and reinstalling it. Do both of these things using FTP. See if that resolves the problem. If not, then you’ll need to test in a clean WordPress installation.

When the update occurred, it revealed my private content as well because it automatically eliminated my PAID FOR pro version of the plugin. And I didn’t even know about it for like 24 hours. So ya, thanks alot s2member.

How exactly did it eliminate the Pro version, and why didn’t you know about it?

When you update s2Member, it tells you that you there and then that you need to update the Pro version.

How? If I knew that then I wouldn’t have spent two hours trying to figure it out.

Why didn’t I know about it? Gee I dunno… because my website doesn’t make personal phone calls to update me on it.

What kind of stupid questions are these? Ya think I sit around looking at the admin area of my website 24 hours a day? Some of us have a life OUTSIDE of the PC monitor. Do you think I just posted in this forum to impress you?

1 Like

Who said anything about doing that? I haven’t touched my sites for weeks.

Neither do mine. But I’ve just been updating my version of s2Member on several sites. Immediately after I’ve done so, on every site, it tells me at the top of the page that I need to update Pro too. It’s behaved like that for as long as I have been using s2Member.

So when you said that updating the free version of s2Member “eliminated my PAID FOR pro version of the plugin,” you weren’t telling the truth. The Pro version didn’t get eliminated at all. You just wanted to complain because you hadn’t read the instructions telling you to update the Pro version too.

1 Like

Unfortunately, s2Member Pro is not updated automatically and is not compatible with any WordPress management software. It has to be updated manually. Being rude to the people who volunteer their time here to help others is not required nor even welcome.