Auto upgrade to level if member email/cell phone exists

Hi,

We currently use S2Member (free) and love it. We have about 1,000 club members that pay dues and we maintain their information in an Excel file. These members should be allowed to access any part of our protected site. We would like to upload their information to our website and if a member registers on the site, and their email/cell matches a record, their account is automatically approved and set to Level 2. Right now, we have to do this manually by checking each new registration to our Excel file. Is this possible with this product or another?

Hi Fred,

Hmm… That’s an interesting question. It’s not a common feature, so it’s not there out-of-the-box. I’m adding this to my feature requests list with your vote.

Of course it’s not impossible to achieve, but it’d need custom code to do it. So if you need it badly, it’s possible, just get a freelance wordpress developer that knows what he’s doing, and you’d have it.

s2Member Pro has the users bulk updater/importer, but it doesn’t really do what you ask, it’d just make it quicker to do it manually. https://s2member.com/kb-article/importingupdating-users/

:slight_smile:

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the response. I compare it to opening a bank account in person at the bank, and then going home and setting up your online access. It’s a common practice. I’ll think about the idea of hiring someone. Any suggestions or could you folks do it?

I think I understand what you mean.

Hmm… Another option would be for you to generate a signup link that’ll give him the special access in his new account. You can generate the links from here (the gateway is irrelevant, no need to worry about it): WP Admin > s2Member > PayPal Buttons > Member Registration Access Links

Another thing you could do with the importer I mentioned earlier (probably the most practical solution for you), is just create accounts for all the users. Then tell them they got an account with their email address, and just go to the password tool to generate a password to login. /wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

If the above doesn’t cut it, I could think about coding it. I haven’t been doing custom dev, but I’ll consider this one.

:slight_smile: