Auto create username / password after signup

we have users subscribe through paypal and then after a successful payment, they have to manually create a user account in the site. Is there a way to automate the user account creation ?

I’d like to do this as well using the email address as a username and generate a random password.

You can set the success=’’ attribute on the button to send them to specific page where if you add %%blahblah%% it will get passed back. (https://s2member.com/kb-article/configuring-custom-return-urls-thank-you-pages-upon-success/). You can verify data as described. I’d add a shortcode and do this with a custom plugin instead of adding PHP to the WP page which is ugly, or is possible use an mu-plugin?

What I’d like to do is skip the option for the user to choose a username and create a user with the email address they used. I’d need to verify the account wasn’t already in use and in that case update the account with the new payment information.

Anyone done this? Seems like a lot of posts asking for this sort of thing!

Cheers…

Hi,
For automatical subscription within payments, you must use Pro Forms.
Thanks.

For WP to generate the password and email it to the user, see the setting: WP Admin > s2Member > General Options > Registration/Profile Fields & Options > Allow Custom Passwords During Registration

For the username to be assigned automatically, this old hack by Raam may interest you: https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/make-username-field-optional-and-hide-it/index.html#post-7797

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks for both your replies.

Pro forms doesn’t have subscriptions that add a ccap (I can only find buy now)
I cannot have 2 pro forms on 1 page, 1 for PayPal and 1 for Stripe, so I could toggle with a tabs control or something
This requires PayPal Pro
This requires a user fill out all their details first.

PayPal has the users details it would seem, so all that’s needed is a button to PayPal. That’s very easy for the user. The return page then would create the user instead of the user manually registering. All its asking for is to choose a username which I’d like to override with the email address.

I’ll have a dig in the code and see if I can do this in the success page. Any pointers as to where that code is would be handy :slight_smile:

Thx

The ‘thank-you’ page happens after the registration when returning back to the site?
The custom params needs a pro form.?

How would I fork the registration system - or is this just a massive can of worms!