Any videos on how to offer discounts?

My client wants to be able to offer a 10% promo code to anyone who signs up for any of our three level of courses for a limited time with a code (so if they didn’t get the discount code, they don’t get the discount).

But I have no idea how to even start putting this into s2member. We have been using s2memberPro with PayPal for a while and that is working fine, but I’m wondering if there is a video or directions on where to start with this?

I’m in the Pro Coupon Codes section, and so far I have figured out that I’d need to add something like this coupon="[your default code]" and maybe [accept_coupons=“1”] but I’m not sure exactly.

So if I put the [accept_coupons=“1”] code into my regular buy now buttons, and create a coupon with a code name, 10% in the discount field and ta-only in the directive field, is that right?

Thank you.

Okay, I saved a coupon code called 10%OFF with a 10% discount and a ta-only in the directive and put the accept-coupons=“1” into the code (see below) and it charged me the full amount and didn’t ask for a code. What am I doing wrong?

thank you

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Level 1 / Farming Foundations - $1" ps="https://forsythefamilyfarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/purchase-level-one.jpg" lc="" cc="CAD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="forsythefamilyfarms.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="1.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" accept_coupons="1" output="button" /]