Affiliate codes not talking to Idev

I have s2member pro and have purchased the cloud based IDev affiliate and it works great if the affiliate url tracking is used.

It is NOT working if the tracking URL is not used and they are JUST using coupon code with the affiliate’s ID (ex: coupon code is TRIAL, then use the : as indicated and then the actual affiliate ID so it looks like this TRIAL:107)

So the discount is being taken off like it should, but it is not being tracked back to Idev. I am assuming it has to do with something in s2member -> Api/tracking -> signup tracking

this is what I have there currently:

please advise how to proceed, add or tell me if I am COMPLETELY off track.

Thank you

Hi Mandy.

ex: coupon code is TRIAL, then use the : as indicated and then the actual affiliate ID so it looks like this TRIAL:107

Did you change the affiliate suffix to just the colon? The default is -A: WP Admiin > s2Member Pro > Coupon Codes > Pro-Form Affiliate Coupon Codes > Affiliate Suffix Chars

I am assuming it has to do with something in s2member -> Api/tracking -> signup tracking

Maybe, I don’t know how your URL looks. I’m assuming you included the coupon replacement codes in your notification.

You could also have the notification send you an email to see what values the notification is passing. See the box at the bottom of the notification’s panel. WP Admin > s2Member > API / Notifications > Signup Notification > Send an Email Transaction Log of this Event

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

I have switched it back from : to -A: as suggested. The affiliates were saying it was too long and confusing, which is why I changed it. :slight_smile:

I have added all the coupon replacement codes. Is that correct?

I only have additional codes under Integrate Sign up tracking codes. Should there be code for tracking the affiliate code for idev anywhere else? I am using the cloud based software if that matters.

I do not have any code in the Sign up notification urls. Should I put the code in there as well so I can track it that way too?

Either way, even with adding the %full coupon code% code, it still didn’t track it.

Thanks for your help. I’m feeling discouraged about the affiliate stuff.

I have switched it back from : to -A: as suggested. The affiliates were saying it was too long and confusing, which is why I changed it. :slight_smile:

It’s fine to use a different suffix, as long as it’s the one you enter in the setting. I was only asking to make sure that you didn’t just change it in the coupon you give to affiliates, but also in the configuration.

I have added all the coupon replacement codes. Is that correct?

I only have additional codes under Integrate Sign up tracking codes. Should there be code for tracking the affiliate code for idev anywhere else? I am using the cloud based software if that matters.

I do not have any code in the Sign up notification urls. Should I put the code in there as well so I can track it that way too?

Either way, even with adding the %full coupon code% code, it still didn’t track it.

Could you please show me a screenshot of your signup tracking and notifications panels?
WP Admin > s2Member > API / Tracking > Signup Tracking Codes
WP Admin > s2Member > API / Notifications > Signup Notification URLs

Thanks for your help. I’m feeling discouraged about the affiliate stuff.

No problem. I understand that some things are frustrating. I’ll do what I can to help you. :slight_smile:

ok! This might be my problem! I have attached the sign up tracking code here

and here is the sign up notification URLs: which is non existent! Assuming I should have something in there, but I can’t figure it out.

Here is the notification email I got with a test I did where I used the coupon code and the affiliate number

Can you direct me in what needs to be in the sign up notification url please? Thank you!!!

I see some errors in your URL there. There are ampersands, variables, and equal signs missing. The replacement codes only give you the value, you need to have the variables for those in the querystring too.

Here’s an article about the iDev integration that may help you: https://s2member.com/kb-article/idevaffiliate-commission-tracking/

and here is the sign up notification URLs: which is non existent! Assuming I should have something in there, but I can’t figure it out.

That’s optional. It’s empty by default, and you can add the URLs you want. For subscriptions, if you want to pay affiliates on recurring payments instead of just the initial one, you’d use the payment notification, for example.

Here is the notification email I got with a test I did where I used the coupon code and the affiliate number

I see the coupon_affiliate_id there, so it’s being picked up. Now you just need to finish adding it to your tracking.

:slight_smile:

ok. When I review the iDev integration, it doesn’t correlate. It wants me to take the hidden image tag and put it under the payment notifications, which I have done

but per s2member instructions it has me putting it in the sign up tracking codes. which I have done here as well

It is still not picking up the affiliate tracking code and sending it to idev so they get credit

so do I need to be adding any of these to my tracking? I do not need recurring payments. because obviously what I currently have is not working yet to track affiliate ids.

thank you!

anyone else have any insight? Thank you!

I’m sorry, i thought i had replied to this, but obviously I haven’t. I guess I didn’t click the button after typing it. Sorry about that…

You either use the tracking or the notification API, if you use both, you would get duplicates. The article on iDev integration goes over both. Both are fine for single payments, for recurring commissions on subscriptions you’d need the payment notification, though.

I still see your URL with the replacement codes is still wrong. Would you like to paste it in your reply so I can show you?

:slight_smile:

Yes please!!! :slight_smile:

so is it correct in assuming that all I need to get the affiliate codes to work is this code (which I know is wrong) in the “integrate tracking codes” section?

Thanks for helping me get this right:

https://seniorsflourish.idevaffiliate.com/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&full_coupon_code=%%coupon_code%%coupon_affiliate_id%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%&idev_option_3=items_purchased

No, the URL alone is not enough for the Tracking code, it’s just a URL, not code. The URL by itself you’d use in the Notifications API.

So for the notification URL you can try this:

https://seniorsflourish.idevaffiliate.com/sale.php?idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%item_name%%&idev_option_2=%%subscr_id%%&idev_option_3=%%cv0%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%&coupon_code=%%full_coupon_code%%&affiliate_id=%%coupon_affiliate_id%%

See: https://s2member.com/kb-article/idevaffiliate-commission-tracking/#toc-67e57695

I hope it helps. :slight_smile: