I’m trying to figure out how to enable this course of events, for a small non-profit association. I am technically experienced but have limited experience of Wordpress and s2member.
Given an interested non-member X:
- X fills a form for the membership application, few profile fields.
- The board receives an email about this and takes a position. If we approve membership, someone registers it on the web in some way.
- X receives an email about this and pays the membership fee, preferably via the web. Otherwise, someone must register when payment has been received.
Now X is a member, level 1.
If X wants to also market his services on our web:
- X fills in more profile fields.
- The board receives an email about this and takes a position. If we approve the info, someone registers it on the web in some way.
- X receives an email about this and pays the marketing fee (as 3 above).
X is now a level 2 member.
All members should be automatically asked to pay according to 3/3 + 7 every year, otherwise their membership level changes.
I thought of making (5) possible through making a set of fields only visible on level 1 and ask the user to edit their profile. But if some of those fields should be non-editable will they be possible to fill in then? If they were not filled at (1) and have no value?
I gratefully receive hints and advice!