Adding today's date in sign up form

Hi, we have a Date of agreement field when people pay for our subscription and fill in their details in our form - what is the code to use in the default data for the field to retrieve the date from the users computer? Thank you

See this: https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2get-shortcode-documentation/

I have seen that before Tim, thanks - but what’s the call/code for today’s date? anyone else?

You don’t need to call the database for today’s date. In PHP, that’s just date(). If you want full info on how to use it, just Google.

anyone else on this forum? any developers? surely my question has a very simple answer from someone who has done it before… is there a code that can be put into the Default box for the signup form?

Answer can be easy or difficult. To answer we need much more info…

easy is best… it is not a complicated question… I am making the signup form in General Options:

and want to know if/what code can be used to prefill the Default text for a date field for today’s date (the Agreement Date) to save the user having to enter it…

Questions are not complicated, but answers can be :slight_smile: This one is “moderate”, to me. And solution is out of s2M itself: use jQuery to set the date as value of that field (which I can not see on the screenshot).

That is easier solution, there is more complicated (and more flexible) one: must build a checkbox “Set today date” in field settings at the page you show (and maybe also “Assign a datepicker” too), so you can set it yourself, when need.

I am not a s2M plugin owner or developer. If you need a freelancer, fell free to find me at PM.

er, your answer is over-complicated and avoids answering the question! Not interested in a freelancer who cannot answer a question with something usable that works…

How did you know, that it’s possible to answer you “with something usable that works”? Your question is over-stripped… I am not interested to work with a customer, who don’t shows need info :slight_smile: If no information, nobody can answer you. I try my best (and not paid for that), but I ever don’t know the name of your date field…