Add Billing Method in Stripe Stopped Working Today

Hi all, I have the pro version and I have stripe pro forms enabled.
It recently stopped working, it will not generate the pop up from Stripe?
I noticed it today. I turned off my other plugins and it still does not show up.

https://www.easlce.eu/easlce-student-membership/
Can someone take a look or give suggestion?

[+] Add Billing Method

Thanks, A xox!

It’s not just the Add Billing Method that’s not working, Alexa. The password strength indicator isn’t working either. So this is almost certainly a JavaScript problem. I see you are running Cloudflare. Is that a recent addition? It often messes up JavaScript.

1 Like

I agree with @KTS915 and saw that you ARE using CloudFlare by looking at your DNS.

Turn off all the minification and other “magic” stuff.

Better yet, just go to the “DNS” settings and click on the Cloud icon to disable it all until you can hire a sysadmin or developer to tell you what to enable.

Cloudflare is amazing if you know how to use it, but definitely not as easy to use as they say and frequently breaks sites.

As a seasoned sysadmin I use CloudFlare for my DNS and CDN (sometimes), but not for anything else because it breaks WordPress.

For my money-making sites I now use Kinsta (affiliate link) after moving from Amazon Web Services.

And, on an unrelated note.

When a visitor is on your checkout page the only thing you want them to do is checkout.

So disable the sidebar, menu, etc. on that page.

Have a custom footer that only has links to whatever legal disclaimers are required for you (I’m not qualified to give you advice in that area–talk to your attorney).

Basically the only option is to checkout or leave. All the other stuff is distracting.

When someone is about to pay you, you don’t want that person to click on a “Recent News” link instead.

There are probably plugins to disable menus on certain pages, but I use a custom checkout page template.

1 Like

Thank you for all your help! I will follow the recommendations and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Well, that did it, indeed cloudflare’s various compression things were at fault.
Thanks for piping in so quickly!
Thanks for the recommendations.
A :sunflower:

1 Like