Active and Expiration dates on Coupon Codes

I know how to set the Active and Expiration Dates for Coupon Codes on the Pro-Form Coupon Code Configuration page. What I’m wondering about is what time on those dates a coupon code becomes active or expires. I assume it’s Midnight in the time zone that the site is set, but I wanted to confirm.

An example.
If Coupon Code ABC is set to become active 11/27/2017
and Coupon Code ABC is set to expire 12/1/2017
and Website is set to Pacific Standard Time

Then Coupon Code ABC will become active at 12:00 AM PST on 11/27/2017 and will expire at 12:00 AM 12/1/2017

Is that example correct or does Coupon ABC expire at the end of day Pacific Time 12/1/2017 (Effectively 12:00 AM 12/2/2017)

Thanks

I have a similar question and can’t seem to find the answer in the knowledge base or on the forums.

I’m doing a labor day sale and want people to be able to use the coupon through the end of day on Monday 9/7. I don’t know whether to put in the expiration date as 9/7 or 9/8. I currently have it set to 9/8 just in case but curious as to the correct answer for this.

1 Like

Hi guys.

I’ve been doing some tests with the time/date code, and studying the code for the coupons active and expiration dates. From what I can see, it activates at the beginning of the date you enter (i.e. 00hs), and expires at the end of the date you set (24hs).

Feel free to do your tests to confirm it if you want, though.

In your case 2020-09-07 would be correct, and remains active until the end of the 7th. Having said that, I agree with the extra day just in case. I’d do the same and disable it manually earlier if it ends up being a day too long. But I’d also find it good to disable manually a few hours into the 8th, to allow for time zones and those that learn about it only slightly late. Maybe disabling it manually the next morning would be my approach.

After studying and looking into this, I’m making a few notes on possible improvements in the future, like being able to specify the time of day, or consider time zones.

:slight_smile: