Account Cancellation: PayPal form vs Stripe form

Hi,

I am providing my members with an option to cancel their account. However, I have a question in regards to the options s2member provides for canceling,

There are two “Billing Cancellation” forms. One for PayPal Pro and one for Stripe.

My question is: which one do/should I use?

If a member purchases a subscription by using the PayPal button provided on the site, do they also have to use the PayPal cancellation form, or can they also use the Stripe form? And vise versa - if a member purchases a subscription via Stripe, can they only cancel with the Stripe cancellation form?

I know it may seem obvious, it’s like playing matching cards. There isn’t any documentation on this subject and quite frankly I hope that a member WOULD be able to cancel their membership with either Stripe or PayPal cancellation forms, otherwise I would need to have both cancellation forms on the page and provide instructions on which one to use… and that’s just not functional at all.

Thank you!

You need to use the cancellation form appropriate to the payment processor. Otherwise your site won’t be “talking” to the payment processor at all.

1 Like

It will need some custom code (like this) to recognize which payment gateway the exactly member uses, and then can show him need cancellation button.

Okay got it, thanks guys!