Access Forbidden

Hello,

I use S2Member now fpr several years and have a problem to enter the configuration sides. My user is Admin-User of the Wordpress-Site and I want to enter the S2Member-Configuration-Part of the Administration-Panel from Wordpress. No matter wich side I try (ony from S2Member) I get the response from my Webserver “Forbidden”. Like a misconfigured .htaccess-file. But I have no idea wich one and how it happened. All other cofugration parts of the website are working.

Thx and best regards

Hello, maybe your problem is related to WP Roles and Capabilities.
If s2member detects you as non Admin, install WPFront User Role Editor plugin and reset the roles for Admin by going to dashboard > Roles > Restore > Administrator = Restore, before restore you can view if anything is wrong with the Roles/Capabilities.
If you think it is caused by some htaccess in such case look in plugins, s2member, uploads folders.
You can also check folder permissions in any case.
Not sure if this will help but just an idea to try this out.

Thanks for your suggestion. But further investigation shows that the requested URL is tagged by “Fail2Ban” as a possible SQL injection Attack because a pattern of SQL comment is detected (the 2 dashes “–”). So I think here is a bad link-naming the cause.

Maybe you can whitelist that link in some way or just use Wordfence plugin, for me no issues with WF and s2member.

1 Like