404 error when modifying fields and clicking SAVE ALL

Hey all,

Whenever I try to modify certain fields, for example: add an additional email address to my Administrative Notifications under Email Configurations, on SAVE ALL I get a 404 screen and the URL stays the same as the edit page.

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ws-plugin–s2member-gen-ops

This is also happening when trying to change the label of a 7 Days plan to 5 Days, for example.

HELP!
Thanks.

Try hitting F12 and then the Console tab to see what errors are reported there.

Thanks @KTS915.

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1  jquery-migrate.min.js:2:542
The resource at “https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  admin.php
      custom.js:221:2

So I disabled the tracking and still get the 404 error.

So checked the console and see this new line:

custom.js:221:2

when I click on it, the debugger shows me this:

console.log(window.location.hash);

$(window).load(function(){

if(window.location.hash == '#stripe' || window.location.hash == '#paypal'){

var offset = $('.payment-forms-wrapper').offset().top;

$('html, body').stop(false, false).animate({ scrollTop: offset }, 600); console.log(offset);

$('.payment-forms-wrapper').delay(600).stop(false, false).animate({height: 'show'}, 300);

};

if(window.location.hash == '#previews'){

var offset = $('.video-preview-player').offset().top - 90;

$('html, body').stop(false, false).animate({ scrollTop: offset }, 600); console.log(offset);

};

});

// payments functions end

Have you cleared all caches, and turned off things like Varnish?

Yes, Sir. Varnish isn’t on and cache is clear. Just always throws this 404 :frowning:
Does the code above reveal anything of interest?

Stumped.

Have a look at this: https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/198706/editing-pages-give-404-error-after-wordpress-upgrade-in-admin-panel

Seems like a terrifying enough solution to try! Standby.

OK @KTS915 – backed up WP, used a fresh install of the files as per above link, cleared cache, etc – no change – still getting this darn 404 when SAVE ALL.

I’m running on Lightning Base as previously directed … any chance it’s a server issue?

No idea, although I’m on Lightning Base too, and am not having such issues with any of my sites.

This is what I’d try, in order.

1. Deactivate all other plugins (especially so-called “security” plugins.

2. Switch to a default theme.

3. If still no joy, open a support ticket with Lightning Base.

1 Like

Thanks @KTS915. Will do now.

Lightning Base resolved this – support said it was a “false positive in our security system/webapp firewall”.

Interesting – glad you got it sorted out!