170722 update broke my installation of s2member

my s2member installation has been working fine until I recently updated to version v170722. First, it would not update with the typical single click plugin update. So, I updated manually with ftp the new version. First I could not get into my s2member admin interface of my site. Then I read something about s2member not compatible with php5.2.x. So, I updated my php on my VPS server to php5.6.31. After that I got functionality back and it updated to the v170722. I also moved my site to a more modern server in the same hosting company.

Now, my s2member installation throws up errors when someone tries to create an account or when s2member attempts to send email to a user.

[[ Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed in /home/toewiggl/public_html/videoview/wp-includes/class-smtp.php on line 369

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/toewiggl/public_html/videoview/wp-includes/class-smtp.php:369) in /home/toewiggl/public_html/videoview/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1195 ]]

I’ve looked at those php files and can see no issues. Anyone had anything similar? Perhaps something to do with validation? Why suddenly after working fine for so long.

Looks to me as though there’s something wrong with your SSL certificate.

Or a conflict with another plugin - I’d start with the one actually throwing the errors.

Tim, that is what I suspect and have been trying to assign a self signed certificate. The certificate took a while to propagate and has now installed. Now my s2member seems to be working again although it doesn’t seem to be sending emails, at least I don’t have errors.

Pat thanks for your interest. Could be a plug in but I keep plugins to a minmum and all has been working well with s2member. I think it is a certificate problem because errors indicated that there was no certificate found on the server.

1 Like