WP-Rocket is not compatible with s2Member

Just so others know I can confirm that WP-Rocket (A Paid Plugin) does not work with s2Member. It causes many bugs and from what I can tell it holds s2Member from running until the page is loaded. This causes many errors and will only cause headaches.

After making a debug site for WP-Rockets team and letting them go at it for over 3 week they then told me that the issues were known issues within the company and that it would take them months to fix it. As of January 2017 this plug is a no go for anyone using s2Member.

I am hoping this will help someone from major headaches with their membership site.

I did buy Comet Cache and truthfully it is faster than the other cache plugins I tried. I am very happy with it and would recommend it.

I am not tied in anyway with WP Sharks but their plugins are rock solid as long as you filter what you use with them like WP-Rocket.

@rosswaters Thanks so much for sharing that information here for others. I’m sure that will save some headaches!

We’re thrilled that you’re enjoying the plugins. :slight_smile:

I’m seeing this issue with WP Rocket too Ross - any idea on what their outlook was like?

I mean, did they even sound interested in a fix?

Not sure whether just to grab CometCache?

Hi Ross Grant,

As far as their support goes, I am not impressed. I have given up on them.

I bought the WP Rocket plugin and ran it for 2-3 months and then found the real reason why my site was such a mess. When they offered to log in and fix it I did a mock up of my site with a copy of it in a sub-domain and they worked on my dev site for about 6 weeks on and off. They then confessed that this was a known issue and that they hadn’t resolved it.

After I found a few other s2Member users that had complained a couple years ago I then decided I would tell them I was pulling the plug on my dev site as this was just more headaches to me. I asked if they wanted a copy of my site to test and they said no that they would build one. I have yet to hear from them and knowing that they knew about the problem for some time before my request, my guess is, they do not plan to fix it.

I can say I really like Comet Cache and it just works perfectly with everything I have thrown at it. It is faster than WP-Rocket and I have considered my costs for WP-Rocket a learning experience, one that I am still dealing with. I just bought 3 plugins yesterday, one I got to test, the others were a guess on if they would work or not. One of the plugins that was 40 bucks doesn’t work but the developer did track down that I have a Java error so I am hoping that they can fix it otherwise I am out another 40 dollars.

I would say just buy Comet Cache, it is totally worth it and is not a yearly fee like WP-Rocket is for their pro version.

On another note, my site now ranks better on scripts too than when I had WP-Rocket. That feature never really combined the scripts it just made it load slower.

Thanks Ross (great name by the way! :grinning:)

I got a reply from WP Rocket - wanting me to implement a hack which overwrite S2Member’s DONOTCACHE command on pages that use dynamic files (such as pro forms).

I’m not hacking something like that. S2 runs my entire site - I’m not playing about with something so important.

I uninstalled WP Rocket, added Cometcache - and after tweaking the HTML compression, it’s faster than ever.

It’s interesting as WP Rocket is reported as the fastest caching plugin in existence - but that’s not my experience, or yours.

Thanks for the initial flag on this and for jumping in to help.

Much appreciated!

Ross :slight_smile:

experience the same ■■■■ issues after purchasing wp rocket
regret that i see this thread too late.

as of 3 Jul 2019, i can confirm that wp rocket still sucking badly working in s2member site
you have to download a gay extra plugin to make it workable
but its not any much faster honestly.

one question, i see comet is member of wpsharks?
does it mean also built by jason?

Yes, by Jason around the same time as s2Member. Later Raam worked on it some years too. Was first called Quick Cache, then renamed to Zen Cache, and finally Comet Cache.