Stripe Webhook Events List

Is there a list anywhere that says exactly what events I should add to my Stripe webhook? I saw on another post on here that someone said you could just add all of them, but on the Stripe website it says this is not best practice.

Thank you!

Hi @kellycree - that’s a good question.

Someone previously asked this but in a more general way and the plugin author @clavaque said to enable all of the events. See What webhooks should I chose when installing stripe as a payment gatway?

But that doesn’t answer your specific question.

So I had a look in the code and there appears to be one function handling the IPN in the file stripe-notify-in.inc.php. The following Stripe events are processed.

• invoice.payment_succeeded
  • invoice.payment_failed
  • customer.deleted
  • customer.subscription.deleted
  • charge.refunded
  • charge.dispute.created

But…all the events are logged for debugging purposes.

So it is your call whether you want to process all events or only this event subset. Anything you do not pass won’t get logged and may make it difficult to debug an issue after the fact. Additionally, you would need to delta the stripe-notify-in.inc.php file on every plugin update in case new logic is added that processes an event not on the list above.

Hi @onepresstech, thank you so much, this was very helpful! And thank you also for linking to the other post I referenced in my original question, I will be sure to do that in the future.

You are most welcome.

It was a great question. As soon as I read it I wanted to know the answer too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you again @onepresstech. This is really usefull information. I have updated my webhook now. However “someone” @clavaque ? should really update the s2member documentation as this is not mentioned at all. Here is a screenshot that can be used

1 Like

We can trigger only these events.

invoice.payment_succeeded
invoice.payment_failed
customer.deleted
customer.signature.deleted
charge.refunded
charge.dispute.created

And then delete the stripe-notify-in.inc.php files. , every update of some event?

Do you activate everyone for the members area, or just those?

We can trigger only these events.

Those are the only ones s2 takes action on for now.

And then delete the stripe-notify-in.inc.php files. , every update of some event?
Do you activate everyone for the members area, or just those?

You don’t delete stripe-notify-in.inc.php…

I’m not sure I understand the questions.

:slight_smile: