s2Member's future

Hi
I think you should implement Download Manager plugin system of prices for s2Member, add new UI and make some changes to the way s2Member protects categories,posts, pages etc.
For example we should be able to protect each category when we edit it there should be a way to select which level of protection for that specific category the same way we can do for single page/post, because there are sites that have allot of posts and categories where to protect by ID is a pain or maybe add a way like for members so we can check them as we desire and set to a specific level all at once.

1 Like

I agree that the UI can be improved and I intend to work on that.

You already can change level for users in bulk, though. WP Admin > Users

:slight_smile:

I have mean to use same bulk method that is used for members to add such for posts and categories.
Thanks for reply, sorry that i write without proper grammar English is not my native. :smiley:

Ah ok, you meant it as an example of what the bulk feature could be for category and post restrictions. Okay, I’ll keep it in mind. Thank you! :slight_smile:

hey guys, seems s2member and this forum survives! and its feb19 now.
is the developer back in the field?

1 Like

Hi,

Yes!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi Lambert, your comment is eye opening
one question, is it possible to use YITH + S2member to sell custom capabilities but not just role?

Would be great if we got an update …after all the “doom and gloom” about future with S2… …re: the long update provided last year. Clearly things have moved on…
Where?

Hi Andrew.

Things are going well! There have been a couple of releases, I’m getting ready a new one, and users are getting help.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I concur… I have installed S2 on new dev site went through all of my setup and alot of custom capabilities, etc… and all seems fine so far.

Since CCbill isn’t integrated anymore, I’m using Gravity forms + CCbill form + S2 webhook api for members and capabilities… so far everything is working 100%.

At the moment I’m testing member upgrade / downgrade memberships via CCbill form and notification to S2 api via webhook.

1 Like