Payment Stripe/ Add billing method

We made a switch to Stripe, things seem to be going okay, but I am confused by the “add billing method” at check out option. I would like to see payment options there?
When I fill in the form and press submit then it says to select a payment option.
Can you advise?

https://www.easlce.eu/easlce-student-membership/

Thanks! A

Alexa,

I can’t get that page to load, so I couldn’t check what you have. But what that line is intended to mean is that the purchaser needs to click there to add their credit card details. I agree that it isn’t particularly well worded, and I change it on my own sites. You can do that too by adding the following code (modified to your preference) to your (child) theme’s functions.php file:

function kts_text_context_changes( $translated, $original, $context, $domain ) {
    if ( $domain == 's2member' && $context == 's2member-front' ) {
        if ( $original == 'Add Billing Method' ) {
            $translated = 'Click to enter your credit card details';
        }
    }
    return $translated; // return modified text
}
add_filter( 'gettext_with_context', 'kts_text_context_changes', 10, 4 );

Hi Tim, thank you!

Not sure why the page did not load, its loading fine for me.
So when does the SEPA and other methods appear for users?

Thanks! A

Alexa, I just tried it again, using not just Firefox but also Chromium. In both cases it says it’s waiting, connecting, or transferring data, but it never actually loads. Have you tried when logged out or from another computer?

What is SEPA?

I have just tried your top-level domain (i.e. just https://www.easlce.eu/) and experience the same problem. So I think it’s a site or server issue.

Hi Tim, it seems like its completely visible. Are you seeing a blank page? Maybe the firewall got you?

I submitted again the form for Stripe and its working!

But I still do not have the address sent to the admins. See here. Any ideas?

New User Registration on your site: easlce.eu

User ID:843
Username:Alexa
Email: test@gmail.com
IP Address: 25.91.237.151
Level:1
Address:

@KTS915, seems there is a problem with lines between your Internet provider and the site. Unusual, but possible… Later you will have connection.

@Anonmous15th SEPA and other “payment processing” (money handling) options are not accessible at the user interface, and I am not sure where you can set them, most likely at your Stripe account. But you can set multiple membership payment options (as price, level and ccaps) with s2M.

@krumch, looks like you’re right. At least on my phone, I can now access Alexa’s site.

Alexa, I’d suggest using the Better Notifications for WordPress plugin to customize your emails.

Okay, thanks for your help!
Should’nt the s2 member pro plugin do it?

I’ll check out the other plugin! Thanks!

A
x

Yes, it should, if you use the appropriate codes for the various fields. But there have been reports on this forum of certain aspects of the built-in emails not working, and I actually turn off all emails to admins when users sign up, so I am not sure whether they work (and those reports were just user error) or not.

I use BNFW to handle all the emails I need. (There is also this plugin, which can do many more types of emails.)