"Pay What You Want" Configuration?

Hello! - On an S2 Member form, is it possible to create an option for subscribers to pay what they want and then have their payment amount map to a membership level? For example, membership level 1 = $5 -> $49, level 2 = $50 -> $99. If someone pays $30, the form would assign them to level 1. Can this be done? I have a PHP script with these conditionals but the WordPress site it’s running on has Visual Composer which isn’t playing nicely with the code. Hoping there’s a solution in S2. Thanks!

You can’t do that with s2Member out of the box. But I can offer you a potential workaround.

First, lose Visual Composer. It doesn’t work with s2Member and it’s just a horrible thing in general.

Second, you can use WooCommerce with this free add-on, if it still works: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/woocommerce-pay-what-you-want/reviews/ Test it and see.

If that does work, then the third step is to use another add-on, as I explain a little here: WooCommerce and s2Member

If all goes to plan, that should enable users to buy an s2Member role for whatever they choose to pay, but through WooCommerce.

3 Likes

Thanks for passing all this along. I’m learning quickly that Visual Composer is no good…I’ll talk to my client and see which way he wants to go with this, but I appreciate the guidance!