Migrate from s2member Pro to woo commerce-restrictions-pro

Can anyone describe how to do it - is it possible?
what about database structure? How is userdata saved?

Does WCRP (woo commerce-Restrictions-pro) handle incoming paypal/stripe subscription payments the same way as s2member?

As s2member has many many more features - what additional plugins are needed to restore/replicate s2member functionality for WCRP?

— Payment Gateways —
This area should be the easiest - Woo-Commerce has much much more support than s2member Pro.
according to documentation: “Note: WooCommerce Restrictions is compatible with all payment gateways for WooCommerce. Including, but not limited to Stripe.”
I would hope this is true.
Especially - is it really compatible with WooStripe?: https://woostripe.com/product/stripe-sources-european-methods-for-woocommerce/ or https://www.emoose.de/produkt/woocommerce-stripe-sepa-sofortueberweisung-giropay-plugin/

I’m not sure about 3d-Secure - but maybe that it’s not supported is a major reason for declined credit cards in Europe with s2member. If you nearly only have customers from central Europe - check your Stripe log. Mine looks shocking about how many payments are initiated but not going through due to various reasons with s2member.

— Download Restrictions —
Cannot find any info about them - does WCRP have any kind of download restriction system/counter?

— Handling of Paypal/Stripe Complaints, Chargebacks, and so on —
How does this work?

— Mails —
Cannot find any info how WCRP works in this regard. Notifications about EOT, failed subscription Payments (missing in s2member)? Is there another plugin that would/could be used for it?

–Anything else–
I’m sure there are many many things. Especially - is WCRP really more developped than s2member? After many points on the changelog in 2016, 2017 has been pretty quiet. Also no reviews of this plugin - is anyone actually using it productively for a big site? Would not make sense to switch if it is abandoned soon. Best would be if Jason could give some more info about roadmap and what happens with s2member respectively WCRP.

Hello all :slight_smile: ​s2Member is not going anywhere. I am not ready to announce any changes at this time, but rest assured that we will when the time comes. There are many ideas being tossed around about where s2Member will go next, but no decision has been made yet. As always, we are open to suggestions, so if you have ideas/requests, please feel free to share those with us using the contact form at s2member.com: https://s2member.com/support/

3 Likes

Fantastic to hear Jason!

I can’t thank you enough for what s2 has enabled me, and no doubt thousands of others, to achieve over the last 7 years.

SO PLEASED to hear it’s still going to be actively developed!

There’s a massive user base of us s2 users out here, who would be very happy to support future development, both in ideas, testing and finances.

I’d be more than happy to pay for future add-ons or new features.

A marketplace for solid/ official add ons would be awesome, and no doubt be profitable for you guys.

A Zapier integration would open up a whole new world too.

Shout up if I can do anything to help! :+1::grinning::+1:

1 Like