Members getting demoted to Guest, personal data being deleted

How convenient! :wink: I didn’t know that.

1 Like

Thanks again.

1 Like

Good morning Cristian,

Did you make any changes to the CAJP website with respect to these shortcodes we were talking about?

A new Affiliate member who should have been charged $195 to sign up for the first time, was instead charged $255. This is the opposite of the issue that we were having before when renewing members were being undercharged; this brand-new member was overcharged!

Gregg

Hi Gregg.

No, I didn’t change anything in the website, only looked. In the Membershio Options Page editor, you can see that it was last modified in December.

The conditional you have there is clear: $_REQUEST[“level”] == 3) ? “255” : “195”. He most likely clicked on the link that has ?level=3 in the querystring. I suggested above that you fix the logic in that code, because it’s not going to do what you are expecting. :confused:

Attorney members do not get a discount for their first year. So I think the code is okay. Everyone except attorneys should be offered the $195 price for their first year.

[Edited to add:] The label for that page suggests that it is not the right page for renewing. See, it says “always publicly available”. No one who is RENEWING their membership should be looking at a page that is “always publicly available” … unless parts of it are hidden from the public and those parts are visible to logged-in Members.

If you disagree, feel free to say so. :wink: I’m still learning my way around this 747 cockpit.

Yep, renewals should be in pages that require to be logged in, so that the payment goes toward the existing account instead of a new one. The Login Welcome Page, or some other Level 0 page is much better for renewals than the Membership Options Page. The problem is that existing users will sometimes land on the new signups page when not logged in and make the mistake. But, with good design and messaging, you can avoid that for the most part. :slight_smile: