Coupon code confusing

Hi Cristian

I have tried a whole amount discount eg $40 off any of our memberships, BUT the default setting applied this to future recurring payments (rather a daft default)

So, I changed it to ta-only, but now the form won’t accept this code?? The description is not clear enough as it seems the default is the same as ra-only(?) or are they actually different:

Directive e.g., ta-only or ra-only By default (i.e., if this is empty), s2Member will apply the discount to all amounts, including any Regular/Recurring fees. However, you may configure Coupon Codes that will only apply to (ta) Trial Amounts, or (ra) Regular Amounts. If this is empty, the discount applies to all amounts, including any Regular/Recurring fees.

What I want is so simple - a coupon code that gives $40 off any membership (for the first year) and then charges the normal prices after the year is up… please advise how to make this happen.

Thanks

I think I have fixed this - please edit the Directive info to make it more clear…

One has to go back to your purchase page and edit the codes to add a trial amount that matches the regular amount… (and tp and tt to match also)…

Please also repair the message on the sign up form to remove the “then” xxx per year for the annual selections - makes no sense to show this… (see ! VERY BAD ! Can't Non-Recur Stripe Pro-Forms Coupon Codes)

1 Like

Right. If a coupon is applied to the subscription’s regular amount, then all payments will be discounted. If you want to apply the coupon to the first term in a subscription, it’s only possible using the trial term.

The trial amount wasn’t meant to be considered the first regular payment, but that’s how it’s being used here, and that’s why the “then” message doesn’t make as much sense in this setup.

I made a note of this to write an article explaining it some more.

I added this to my list, and will see how that message can be improved, or customized. Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile: