Api notification url is not working at all

After ready this https://s2member.com/kb-article/building-an-api-notification-handler-webhook/

I am using stripe as a payment gateway only.

I followed exactly the same procedure in the url i insert(changed ip here for security reason) http://1.2.3.123:49005/SingleMethodName=DomainManagementStripeService___DomainRegistration?s2_payment_notification=yes&user_id=%%user_id%%&item_number=%%item_number%%

and in the mu-plugins the same code copy-paste.

I receive nothing. Yes emails are sent out correctly. Yes my server is receiving any type of request on each time you call this url. Any idea why is it not sending the user data to url? Thanks

also read this thread https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/reasons-for-api-notifications-not-working/index.html

but the user has a problem in paypal ipn while i am using stripe and didn’t change the site in stripe. Yes i used duplicator plugin to transfer the site from another host. But s2member was installed lately on the new website.

I also tested my url with some values and it works fine. receive any thing. also tested with /s2-server-scanner.php and everything is fine all pass.

How is the page at the URL you are using handling the data passed? Looking at the dummy URL you have set up it looks like you are sending the data to a domain name, but not a specific page. There has to be code on the receiving end to handle the data sent. You’ll probably need to set up a dummy page on your site to test that the code is being sent and received before sending the API notification to a third-party.

Thanks jedishark for your answer. Its a domain name with the page implemented and coded to convert and type of data to json. And using ajax in my script i am succssfull to transfer s2member form data to this url but i want s2member to send this information because the way i send through ajax send even token of stripe and much more unwanted data plus if the user updates its profile then this script won’t work.

Have you tested the notifications on a local page or tried sending the notification data to a log file? Do you have log files available on the third-party URL? There is no way to troubleshoot what is happening with notification URLs without being able to see whether the data is being transmitted. Once you are sure the data is being transmitted, then you can send it to the third-party site and figure out what is happening on the far end.

Third party url receives any thing. Currently i am sending the form data through ajax which i don’t to use but i have no option left and no clue or guidance from the plugin’s developer’s. throug ajax i can receive all the form data on this third party url so it means its working correctly.

by the way i am unable to use ‘curl’ or ‘wp_remote_post()’ or ‘get_file_content’ in mu-plugin even for update of user data. All these 3 give me connection time out which is another mystery i don’t know.

jquery ajax is the last option left to me. I really would like s2member notification works for me.

In my this post you can see my log files where i am using s2member notification. Same curl connection time out.API notification in JSON format

I think plugin developers should guid me if i am doing every thing wrong.

If you are having cURL timeouts and problems accessing files on your server, I’d suggest you ask your web hosting provider for assistance.